Sunday, July 26, 2015

NATURE'S GIFT

Mother Nature has given us with all that we need to live a healthy comfortable life. Many times we either mis use it or fail to notice the gift that's given to us. One such thing I found was the , plants ... almost all the plants that grows around us  has medicinal value, but  we in this fast world have either failed to notice or forgotten its use,which our sages  and elders used as remedy to curse various health issues.

During my visit to India this year I wanted to take photo of very common plants that have been used to treat health problems, which I have used it personally and had good results. So what ever I am sharing here is from my personal experience.
 Having born in a family where almost all the family members believe in home remedy /natural remedy ,I had the opportunity to get to know some herbs, further my dad is a siddha /nature doctor.

1) KUPPAIMENI




 My very first herb ,that found around the house (very rare in cites these days) in villages or outskirts is 'KUPPAIMENI' or POONAMAYAKKI or INDIAN NETTLE or THREE SEEDED MERCURY (ACALYPHA INDICA) is a species having CATKIN type of inflorescence .
This grows in tropical countries like Africa ,South America, India ,srilanka .It has been used as medicine in east and west Africa . This plant has been used in Tamil siddha medicines.
I have also heard that they cook this leaf and eat. They also use the leaf juice to treat bronchitis  and asthma.and also along with kastuoori manjal , sugar they use it for facial hair removal.
But as I said this section was to share my experience , I have not used this plant juice or leaf personally for any of these but my dad has given to patients and they had benefited ...but...
I have used it to heal my wounds... Believe me... When I get hurt or cuts my mom used to immediately pluck the leafs of this plant and make juice by crushing them in plam and apply it on th wound or cut... No antibiotic injection nothing ... Just the juice for couple of days and My cut or wound heals .
Apart from this leave there are couple of more that works wonder for wound and cuts...

Will share picture of these herbs in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!