Wednesday, April 10, 2019

YELLUMBOTTI /எலும்பொட்டி இலை

This is a wonder herb as far as I am concerned.
This is quite a long story .I had a very bad fall from my bike which led to a ligament tear (meniscus tear)in my left knee . It was so difficult that I was not able to do my day today jobs I had very bad pain . Tried all the home remedies since I was not able to get appointment with my doctor . It was after 2 weeks i had appointment and doctor told it was meniscus tear and recommended me to ortho surgeon , who after examining said about going for surgery but seeing my hesitation doctor said if I wished I can try physical therapy for 2 weeks and then decide. I truly believed in my body ... as I always say body heals itself all it needs is little help...anyways back to the story..went to physio for 2 weeks and 3rd week met the doc hoping I am getting better ,which I did to some extent .. was able to walk and stand for longer and climb stairs but I did not have the flexibility.. meaning not able to sit on ground or kneel . When I met the doctor he said I have to go for surgery but can’t guarantee  the old flexibility and if I wish I can try another week physio. I still believed things can be cured without surgery if I go to India my dad can cure me.. and God came to my rescue in the form of my mother-in-law... she had a fracture and I had to go to look after her and I went . After her surgery and recovery I went to my dad house where he gave a powder and after taking the powder 3 times with milk I saw a change in my knee flexibility .. I was able to sort of fold my knee to sit. After 2 months  of taking the powder I can do Padmasana,malasana, vajrasana, surya namaskar,which are couple of those which I do daily . My dad gave the powder of this leaves and pirandai and asked me to take it with milk. I would like to say something more... someone said it should be applied with egg white for fracture... which I don’t know but guess as the name suggests it may bring the broken bones together.
Disclaimer : Each and every individual is different so I the situation and problem so results may vary

PIRANDAI(Veld grapes)

Picture courtesy indiamart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!